COVID 19 Protocols - Updated 9/19/21
At its September 13, 2021 stated meeting, the Session of Proclamation Presbyterian Church received a report from a committee formed in response to the spread of the Delta variant of COVID in our surrounding community. The following is a brief summary of the Session’s decision in response to that report:
- While transmission levels are in the “substantial” or “high” categories in Delaware, Chester, or Montgomery counties:
- Require nursery volunteers to wear masks while serving in the nursery, whether they are vaccinated or not.
- Strongly recommend, but not mandate, masks for children and unvaccinated volunteers participating in children’s ministries.
- Relocate under-12 children’s ministries to larger spaces wherever possible, at the discretion of ministry leaders.
- Welcome all children into our children’s ministries, whether masked or not.
- Welcome those who choose to wear masks throughout the church, but designate the balcony as a masked only zone, to accommodate our brothers and sisters who prefer to worship in this setting.
- Require elders to wear masks while serving communion.
- Impose no further protocols on worship services in the lower level of the sanctuary: no mask mandates, no enforced distancing, no registration.